The Louisiana Bucket Brigade is always seeking enthusiastic volunteers to help support our organization with office tasks, phone banking, events, and research activities. Inquire about one of the opportunities below or sign-up to be contacted about future volunteer work.
All volunteers donating time with the Louisiana Bucket Brigade must be up-to-date on their vaccination status, which includes a first and second dose plus booster (first dose for J&J), and must be able to provide proof of vaccination.
Standing volunteer positions:
- DBTR Bike Ride Volunteers – Volunteers help to provide vehicular support on the ride (driving our pace car for those who are unable to bike), transport refreshments, and assist in distributing and storing bikes before and after use.
- Office Volunteers – Volunteers who are skilled to manage office tasks such as organization, filing, etc.
- Phone-Banking Volunteers – Volunteers who have great verbal communication and interpersonal skills for phone-banking opportunities.
- Event/Table Volunteers – Volunteers with great interpersonal skills who are able to table or perform duties at events.
- Research Volunteers – Volunteers who have experience conducting research and/or analysis.
Project Name: DBTR Bike Ride Volunteers
Type: Program Volunteer
Description of project: LABB provides educational bike rides along River Road in St Charles Parish that teaches riders about the environmental justice movement and local African American history. We need volunteers to support our DBTR Bike Ride by providing vehicular support on the ride (driving our pace car for those who are unable to bike), transporting the cooler with drinks + snacks, and assisting the Bike Ride Manager in taking the bicycles out the shed, pumping tires, etc.
Length of service: A bike ride takes about four hours, and the roundtrip commute to Norco from New Orleans and back is one hour, so anticipate volunteering for at least five hours. A bike ride takes about four hours, and the roundtrip commute to Norco from New Orleans and back is one hour, so anticipate volunteering for at least five hours.
Location: Commute to Norco, LA (about half an hour away from New Orleans. Transportation is provided.)
We do not offer specific, formalized internships. Instead, we will work with you to craft your internship based on your course requirements and what you are most passionate about, be it media work, community organizing, public health, emissions research, or fundraising and communications.
To apply for an internship, please send an email to email@example.com with an attached cover letter and tell us why you’d like to intern at the Louisiana Bucket Brigade and what you hope to learn.